Home September 17, 2014, 01:29:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum membership is open to ALL Licenced Amateurs. Make sure you register using your callsign, and log in so all the topics are visible.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Touch-Tone Mic for the Kenwood TS 2000  (Read 3489 times)
VA3OT
CKARC Member

« on: February 17, 2010, 09:55:14 am »

The Kenwood TS 2000 is a fine radio, but a Touch-Tone Mic is not included , and repeaters still require touch-tones in order to have full access to all of the features .  What to do ?
The most affordable Touch-tone Mic I have found available, is the Jetstream model JTMIC1 .
This can be purchased separately from R & L Electronics of Hamilton , Ohio for $29.95  U.S. dollars , and is ready to use right out of the box. I have owned one of these Mics for a few months now and found it works fine on the Kenwood TS 440 S as well as the TS 2000.
The Mics comes complete with an 8 Pin Mic connector already installed and wired for the Kenwood line of radios that use an 8 pin connector. Power is derived from the radio, to power the touch-tone circuit, so no need for a battery , plus you have up / down frequency control as well.

I personnally recommend this Mic and believe others will find it a useful accessory , given the price.

Regards,  73
Dan

* R&L.jpg (68.73 KB, 640x480 - viewed 419 times.)
VE3UGG
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:17 am »

Would this also work on the Kenwood TS140S?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: