Home April 12, 2021, 03:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Chatham-Kent Amateur Radio Club Wednesday Night Net continues all year long every Wednesday night at 7:30 PM on the VA3KCR repeater. All amateurs are invited to join us on 146.680- NO PL.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VE3KCR (147.12) Repeater  (Read 5708 times)
va3bfd

« on: May 12, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »

Hi everybody.  First post here.  Thanks to Austin for being a great webmaster.

Can somebody give us the latest and greatest on the status of the "Mighty 712" repeater.  Last I heard is that we've gathered all the necessary parts and pieces to put the new feedline up the tower but need to find the time and the rigger to do it.  Is this still the case?  If so, I assume that the output is still only running at 25 watts.

And how are the remotes?  Are we still moving forward with putting a remote up (again) in the London area?

Also, if memory serves, there was some work done in Windsor to link the VE3KCR machine with the VE3III machine, especially for Canwarn.  What is the status of this?

I guess I'm just curious on the whole 7-1-2 situation since I've been out of the loop for some time.

Have a good day, all!
Len.
VE3LFD
The Guru

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »

You have most of the info on 7.12 correct.
We are waiting for the final goahead from the tower corordinater. **
The rigers have not been in southern Ont. for a long time.
No parts or cable have been purchased as of June 04 2009 (we have money set aside for this)
The amp is ready to be repaired but is on hold as well. (output is still 25 watts)
The site in London was denied so we need to find a new one. (equipment, antennas, ... are ready)
WE NEED SUPPORT FOR ALL THE CKARC REPEATERS (MONEY, SITES, LABOUR, ... )
At this time the link to VE3III still don't work correctly, but the windsor group is still working on this.
** We do have back up plans if we have to leave the current site, but the new sites are not as high.
     A new system would require multiple tx sites and new equipment, ant., ... (we don't have the money)
We need more new members to support our repeaters or we will have to take them off line!!!!!!!!
Club dues are cheep (every dollar helps) I would like to thank members & nonmembers for donations of money and time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: